Saturday, May 10, 2008

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!


I can't remember the last time we had a run of weather like this...! It's blimmin brilliant! What better way to spend the day than in an outdoor swimming pool.

As a little girl, I spent many a lazy day down by the old hospital pool so I was very sad to see that close a few years ago. But, fear not, Moreton Hall are soon to have their very own BRAND NEW outdoor pool.

The Moreton Hall Health Club are finishing off work to the pool due to open in June. The pool will be available for NHS workers as well as Health Club members. Memberships are very reasonable, so if you fancy cooling off AND keeping fit on a hot sunny day, contact the Club for more information.

If you simply can't wait that long, then check out The Trowel and Hammer in Cotton (near Stowmarket). It's not far from here, and they have a lovely swimming pool in the garden area. Mums and Dads you can chill out with a nice cold beer whilst the kids let off some steam in the pool. On a day like today, you could be forgiven for thinking you were on your summer holiday!

The Trowel and Hammer, Mill Lane, Cotton, Suffolk, IP14 1SN

UPDATE! I have just been informed by my daughter, that the Trowel and Hammer pool is only open from June too! Might be worth a call if anyone is thinking of going over, chances are they may have opened it early this year with all this sunshine. I must say I'm fairly impressed at my daughters knack of picking up and storing random bits of information already!

No comments: