Sunday, May 18, 2008

Is it a bird…?


…Is it a plane? Nope, it's the '11th Suffolk International Kite Festival'.

If you happened to be pottering in your garden today or yesterday, you may have noticed some strange sights in the sky hovering behind the flying fortress.

Don't be alarmed, it wasn't a new hybrid group of aliens about to invade Moreton Hall, just the Rougham Airfield International Kite Festival.

My children and I stopped off to take a look and by golly if there wasn't a giant panda, a humongous lizard, a scarey oversized cat, plus a larger than life Pudsey Bear floating around up there… "Pigs might fly" you may well say, we today they were!

It almost gave me the urge to pop home get out a kite and check out my kite flying skills, but I soon remembered that a) I'm a right girl and haven't got the first clue how to fly a kite, and b) we don't actually own a kite...

No comments: